Film CrowdfundingA Killer Campaign Timeline
June 23, 2018
- At least a month before your preferred launch date, start building your project on Seed&Spark!
- At this point, you've already taken our Crowdfunding to Build Independence class in person or online, identified your target audience and message tested with them. You want to know what your audience will find most compelling, both in the marketing strategies you use, as well as the incentives you offer.
- At least two weeks before your preferred launch, submit your project for review. Pro tip: take into account the 7 things we look for in the review stage to minimize revisions at this point. Allow time for revisions based on the feedback means you're prepared to get your campaign into the best position to succeed.
Within one week of submitting, you'll receive personalized feedback from Seed&Spark (check your inbox!).
We’ll look over all campaign materials and offer advice before the clock starts ticking.
- Once you have the feedback, make adjustments (this usually takes a week or less, and we highly recommend getting them done ASAP since you're soooooo close to launch!)
- Resubmit project on Seed&Spark. Barring any major issues, project approval from Seed&Spark.
- Set launch date! You’ll want to give yourself enough time to do early outreach to secure 30% for the first week of your campaign. Having a set date and time at least a week in advance will motivate your core supporters to contribute on day one. It also gives filmmakers the ability to build momentum on social media.
- Launch your campaign to get your project funded through and with your audience!